BigCi is now officially registered as a Covid Safe business and is following the NSW Government guidelines for the health protection of our artists-in-residency, visitors and members of the local community.
We now offer different terms and conditions to the artists affected by the Covid-19 situation (in blue).
- New applicants can secure their booking by paying only the $500 refundable bond. The refundable bond covers any costs associated with damage or extraordinary cleaning.
- Full residency fees can be paid up to 2 weeks before artist’s arrival at BigCi.
- Artists who cannot reach BigCi destination will be offered to reschedule, subject to availability. If rescheduling is not possible, residency fees will be fully refunded. No administration fees will be charged.
- Artists who are forced to cut their residency short because of Covid-19 will be offered to reschedule, subject to availability. If rescheduling is not possible, unused residency fees will be fully refunded. No administration fees will be charged.
- BigCi is located on the edge of Wollemi National Park, about one hour and a half away from Sydney. Because BigCi is located in a remote area and mobility is required due to the constantly changing situation, having a car is mandatory.
Other terms and conditions remain unchanged and are listed below.
Artists undertake BigCi residency for an agreed period of time to develop ideas, create new work or to deepen their existing art practice. They stay either at the Art Shed, the Barn, or the House, subject to availability and individual project requirements that will be discussed with each applicant.
The Art Shed, the Barn, the House, and the 8 acres of the property’s bush land are available for all kinds of initiatives. The extraordinary beauty of the surroundings rovides a ground for creativity and professional development.
Proposals are welcome throughout the year – each season has its own creative possibilities. It is recommended that applications are submitted well in advance.
Successful applicants are charged a subsidised residency fee, which is AUD$250 (plus $25 GST) per person per week for Australian artists and AUD$300 (plus $30 GST) for International artists. Please note that these subsidised fees are available only to self-funded artists. Our rates for organisations are AUD$500 (plus GST) per person per week for Australian artists and AUD$600 per person per week (plus GST) for International artists.
The residency fees include artist accommodation, work space, shared living facilities, bathroom, kitchen, internet, electricity, water. They also include artist support and assistance in facilitation of the projects.
Successful applicants will be responsible for all other costs including food, transport, travel costs, insurance, and art materials. There is no stipend or living allowance attached to the stay in BigCi. The artists should consider other ways to fund their visit.
There is a possibility of an exhibition, performance, workshop or other special event during or at the end of the residency, as well as a representation on the BigCi website and social media.
Please see bigci-application-form-2020-australian-1 for details.
Please see bigci-application-form-2020-international-1 for details.
Please see bigci-application-form-creative-initiatives-2020 for details.