BigCi is a small, not for profit organisation with a vision to provide professional development opportunities for the artists. It is growing and evolving, and you can get involved by providing your assistance in many different ways, including volunteering, moral and financial support.
Volunteering your time to a non-profit organization with a worthwhile mission can be educational, inspiring and fulfilling. At BigCi, you can lend your support directly to the artists in residence or you can assist the organization in more general ways
- Communications are very important part of the BigCi administration. If you have skills in this area you can help with ongoing editing of the Newsletter or updating of the website.
- Transportation: as BigCi is located in Bilpin – the part of Blue Mountains that is not serviced by public transport we occasionaly need to arrange transport for International or local artists.
- Direct assistance to artists: sometimes, especially in the field of environmental art and with large scale installations, artists will require physical assistance or specialized level of support with their pieces. Let us know if you have time, enthusiasm and skills to assist the artists.
- Open Day. We would like to run a number of Open Days during the year to give resident artists an opportunity to showcase their work. There are different areas in which you can assist with the organization and execution of this major public events. Volunteers and contributors are important force in making these events bigger and better every time. Let us know about your interests in organisational activities.
- Think of the ways that volunteers can assist our artists and enrich their residency experience.
- Refer talented artists whom you know and who should become aware of the residency program, especially those who you feel would benefit from BigCi unique environment.
- Send us links, articles, contacts in areas of special interest to BigCi: funding resources, new trends in the field, like-spirited programs or individuals, new places for us to promote the program.
- Show your support to our artists by attending our Open Days and other special events and happenings
- Make suggestions for collaboration opportunities, new ideas we should consider, smarter/better ways of doing things.
- Spread the good word.!!
Good news! BigCi has qualified for The Australia Cultural Fund operated by the Australia Business Arts Foundation (AbaF) and is recognised as a quality provider of cultural events.
All donations to BigCi are now fully tax deductible.
So, by making a donation you will not only get to support artists that we hope will really make an impact on Australian cultural life, but you will also get a tax deductible receipt for your gift. For example, $250 will support an Australian artist residency fees for one week; $300 will support an International artist. You can choose how many weeks of support to provide. Or if you’d like to make a contribution towards other creative initiatives of BigCi, please contact Rae to discuss